Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Week

As a reader of several blogs I always wondered if I had time to read them how come they don't always post everyday and now I realize that it take longer than you think about what your posting and then editing it and in my case even longer since I have a tendency to write in one long never ending sentence.  So my new goal is to post daily 1 to help my scheduling of my day in general and so that I post what I want even if it is only the weather report but around here there is always something going on so lack of material should not be a problem.  Since last posting when I finished Jordyn's handbag I have started one of the 3 hoodies I am making for one of my brothers kids I am over half way done with the first and I have been working on the red satin dress with a black and white checkered pinafore apron did a fitting on the dress itself yesterday and all is good so today the plan is to put the collar and sleeves on and maybe cut off for hemming but I will probably leave the hemming for tomorrow then do the pinafore apron.  Yesterday when I was doing the fitting they asked me to make 3 more pinafore aprons these will be red and white checked all 4 pieces need done in about 2 weeks.  The last few days have been pretty rough since #3 daughter Jordyn was put on home/hospital care she has been doing homework regularly but when I asked about her work I had the feeling that she was procrastinating a bit turns out she has been doing it quite a bit for a couple of reasons 1 easy while at home to say I will do it later and then she has been dealing with quite a bit of pain from the knee problem and she has been skipping her clean up in her room.  Today ended up being the end of the end we had a conversation with her about the school work and she has picked up that task pretty good but then today dad went into her room and the mess he found was more than he could ignore any longer he had been asking her to be sure and clean up a bit everyday and she said she was and turns out no work at all in her room has been done.  He took her TV, computer, new SLR camera and she can use computer for homework but only around us so we are sure what she is doing  I really hate having to police her this way but hopefully she will get it all taken care of quickly and in the process learn to take care of business regularly (so much easier).  I have always been lucky enough with my kids that they didn't require much in the way of timeouts or punishments ask them to do or not do something that has usually been the end of it, some reminding but overall not a big deal.  However this time I know she is really overwhelmed with school from home the knee problems and coping with all the extra from these problems but there is only so much slack that can be allowed and I know in my heart that it is what is right for her but so hard for me to follow through being so tough.  My girls have always been so good and done so well I really wish I could take her pain from her.  I have to have the faith that all we are doing will work out the way we plan.  Till I know I will keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep knitting because that way at least I can show progress in something. Happy Knitting to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment