Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blindsided

Well don't I feel ridiculous went for the yearly eye exam and was excited and ready, need new glasses current ones are really scratched not sure how since after spending over 20 years as a working Optician I think I have my glasses care just a bit ingrained never clean the glasses with kleenex or paper products and such. I always get them wet and use an appropriate cleaning cloth, really don't see those habits disappearing after this many years but with the old pair the lenses were already replace once due to the scratches and the 2nd pair has ended up completely scratched also.  But the bigger issue today was not realizing that they were going to dilate my eyes really hate them doing that. gives me a headache and sometimes makes me sick to my stomach usually plan on not doing anything after the exam because the problems.  But did have a funny encounter with the Dr. during the exam (her husband and mine work in the E.R. together) she is a crocheter and we have had conversations in the past about our current projects and I was telling her about Stitches West  I attended a couple weeks back and so when I got home I was telling Brian about our oohhs and ahhs about different yarns and our current projects I had mine with me a new pair of socks I am working on and she was working on a cape but the other piece she had I do need to call her back and ask what it was going to be but she was working it in the round and it looked like stockinette stitch only crocheted and I had never seen crochet look like that so I asked her about it and she showed me how to do it but I have never seen the technique done before looked amazing.  Funnier part was my husband was at work before hers and as soon as her husband came in he mentioned to Brian to keep my yarn addiction away from his wife.  I called him back and told him that his wife could have more expensive habits than nice yarn, and think of the end results.  Today I got out a felted piece that I did before Christmas so I could start the finish work it will be a new hand bag for #3 daughter Jordyn  made it out of Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky Hand Dyed in the color galaxy which is  varigated purples. the bag itself it a simple felted rectangle and then has a ribbed top on it that folds over like a turtleneck.  Here is the picture of the bag and the start of the ribbing on the top hopefully I will finish it tomorrow.  That is of course depending on how quickly I get through the rest of my day I have shopping to do tomorrow that is not grocery related fabric to try and find the stuff for the costume I agreed to make for the production of Pinocchio satin my "favorite" to work with and then I have a few other things to pick up.  Then I also have to contend with Aunties calls about her knitting for the day she is such an accomplished crocheter I am wondering about her learning crochet vs. her learning curve in knitting I am having so much fun helping her,  but I have not been on the phone with someone so many times a day since I was young and in love you know how you used to make so many calls to who ever you liked so much, makes me laugh thinking back hope I am helping her more than teaching bad habits but it is so much fun to help someone who wants to learn so much.  And of course instead of going shopping tomorrow I would rather snuggle in because the rain is supposed to start up again and then rain through the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment