Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Opening Day

Today is Opening Day for me and my blog for knitting and my life with knitting in it.  Over time I hope to at least entertain you a bit and maybe even get a chuckle out of you with something I post.  For know my biggest reason and goal for this blog is in the the last few weeks I have had to deal with 2 laptops going down currently waiting for repair estimates water heater is dying ordered new one but they forgot to place order so it will be at least another week before we get the new one so that means sort of hot/warm showers that only last about 4 to 5 minutes, can't run dishwasher not enough hot water and I have learned that even though I am married to successful accomplished husband he does not know how to wash a dish by hand to save his life and I some how also failed to teach 3 wonderful bright smart daughters how to do the same task that or they are short that learning curve in all 4 of them so DNA thing (time will tell) have a cat take weighs 11 lbs but is solid muscle and so not very big overall and thinks he is king of the neighborhood and came home after a fight with something from the neighborhood he had a laceration on 1 eye and the vet bill is currently up to about 800.00 we also have a 180lbs Newfie/lab mix dog who seems to have hives and so we have to give him benedryl 3 times a day.  Husband had a chance to switch to day shift and told me he would think about it but really had no intention of it he likes working nights less people in his way so he can just do his job but I really liked the idea of real life him working the 9 to 5 gig but since he is no longer working 24 or 48 hour shifts nights only are an improvement and daughter #3 has been experiencing unexplained knee pain and the usual medications are not working and while they figure it out they have put her on Vicodin and so it makes her a slosh brain so we had to put her on Home/Hospital school status.  With all of this I keep knitting but with the amount of time I have had I have only been able to knit maybe 20 minutes a day and it is beginning to drive me nuts the fact I am not getting anything accomplished I currently have 3 projects on the needles a hoodie for my niece a hat for a friend who was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and within 3 days of diagnosis they started her chemo not even time to absorb so I feel all I can do for now is knit for her but right now not enough time to knit and the 3rd project is the 2nd sock for my husband who is being very patient but still feel the need to get something done.  Plus Stitches West is next month and if I don't get anything done I am trying to figure out how to justify purchasing more yarn when I have not used any of my stash lately, any suggestions on any of this would be greatly appreciated Happy Knitting all

No comments:

Post a Comment