Saturday, January 29, 2011

Wasted Day?

The reason for the name of this post is that it is a toss up to whether the day was a waste or productive.  I had a normal day planned pretending to clean house, make dinner, do a few errands in town make sure the kids did there chores get the husband off to work you know the usual,  the day started with UPS delivering  #1 daughters computer unpacked and started in to check if all repairs were done turns nope they fixed the hardware problems but instead of sending it to the other department to fix the software problems they sent it back to me and then wanted me to send it right back to them same address different department called and asked why they didn't just transfer it to the other department instead of sending it to me and I will give them the credit that they had no asshat answer and admitted it, but they still wanted my to send the laptop back in I balked at this as they had the laptop for a bit over 2 weeks already and  #1 needed it for school. so they finally agreed that if I allowed them remote access they would look into it,  so I allowed it and starting about 4pm they started going through the systems at 7:30pm they told me it would be about another hour and a half I had been on the phone with these guys for 3 1/2hrs already they finally told me we could hang up and they would finish and call me in the morning with the status and of course no phone call, later in the day customer service called to see how happy I was with our service I explained that I did not know if I was happy or not, so they had me turn it on to check it and to no surprise not everything came up so now I have another phone appointment set for tomorrow between 12 and 4 so we'll see how it goes. Finally just gave up last night and just sat down to knit figured if nothing else was going right I should just give up and knit that would help make things right that turned into a joke of sorts also turned out the hat I had started I some how twisted when I joined the ends together,  the most simple instruction to watch for and so had to frog the whole thing and restart but once I got it restarted and past the point of not twisting the join I settled in and actually relaxed and my day settled into something that turned out relaxing and accomplished.  How great that something as basic and (simple) as knitting a few rows can make you feel so accomplished.  How great that a day that was such a waste turned out feeling so accomplished just from "knitting" how great is that .

No comments:

Post a Comment