Friday, February 25, 2011

Knitting Weather

Well here in Northern California we have had quite a time with weather, of course it is nothing like what the East Coast has been dealing with but for us it has been quite a ride tomorrow will be a big dangerous day with black ice in the morning and that very rarely occurs around here.  I am from Tucson, Arizona and there black ice is something that you deal with periodically every year so I have a hard time remembering that around here most have no clue what to watch for or how to handle it.  But because of the weather I decided to get a couple of quick errands done first thing this morning while we had a short clearing of weather and then went home and got dinner done early so everyone could make their plate whenever they were ready, then I sat down to spend the rest of my day knitting. Currently taking a break now and not sure I should call it a break from knitting because I have been interrupted so many times I have not gotten much done.  With everyone staying home and not venturing out due to weather I cannot figure out why everyone and their Uncle is choosing to call me today,  don't they realize I have other plans for the day.  I received my newest Loopy Ewe order finally got my camera back from my Aunt and went to go take pictures of my Stitches West and Loopy Ewe purchases but camera battery dead (of course par for the day).  I also do sewing and embroidery etc. but I have been concentrating on knitting for quite some time now and have only been sewing when I had to but I got a call today from the local dance teacher who all 3 girls took lessons from for over 15 years and acted as costume designer for most of those years but I cut back once the girls were not dancing regularly anymore but I got the call today for a costume out of red satin with a peter pan color and a black and white checked pinafore apron I am so hoping I can find a pattern close to what I need because I have no desire to design the pattern and then sew the dress together so cross your fingers that I find something close a few alterations to pattern I don't mind.  So more on this later so I guess I will head back to the sock for the husband I did a toe up sock and hopefully finish up the foot part tonight and then start the gusset and heel tomorrow and we'll see how far I get tomorrow maybe done because the leg is just a simple rib pattern for this pair.  The temperature on the back porch is like 29degrees so gonna be a cold night so I think I will snuggle in with my sock and something good to watch on tv or read a book I am in the middle of also such a nice way to spend the rest of my evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment