Thursday, February 10, 2011

Be Grateful

So excited 6 days to Sitches West something no one should miss for fiber arts.  Well I finally had what I would call a regularly scheduled day, as I stated earlier in the week I was not  scheduling my days so to speak just getting done what I could get done and make it to previously scheduled appointments.  Today dinner was planned last night as I normally try to do since the darling dearest husband works nights I make dinner before he goes to work, works out nicely that dinner is done when kids are done with school or it used to be that way but this semester #1 daughter only has 1 class a day Mon- Thurs #2 daughter is living in So. Cal  and #3 daughter is on Home/Hospital care thought it would only be 6 weeks or so but we are already 5 weeks into it and she has not even started Physical Therapy we finally got the insurance approval on Monday and so her first PT appt. is next Wed.  and technically they ordered 6 months of therapy twice a week, they only approved 8 weeks worth for now guess we will see how it goes.  Finished the hat I made for Chicken Bone (nickname) she started very heavy Chemo a few weeks back and no problems with hair until yesterday and it is coming out quickly glad I made her a hat for just in case didn't send it hoping for the best but wanted to be ready if and when she might need it, so mailed that one today went to post the pics and they have disappeared from camera if they reappear I will post I am almost done with the girls Valentine pillows #2 daughters were supposed to go in mail today but didn't quite make it but they will go out tomorrow and it should get there on time.  Found the yarn for starting another hat to send to Chicken Bone so will have more WIP than I normally do but in this case should be fine since most are relatively simple and small.  Wrote most of this earlier in the day just after the husband left for work but then had to run to town and so sat down to finish and post and while doing so, husband called to check in from work which he does do periodically but not till closer to being done for the night so when I saw on caller ID knew it would be something out of the ordinary and with his job as an E.R. P.A. there are times when his job is very rough but it is something we have dealt with for over 25 years he started out as an EMT then Paramedic and now a Physician Assistant and living in a small rural area with a level 1 trauma center over 30 miles away there are nights like tonight when I am reminded to be grateful for everything small and large and everything in between as I worry about my friend being treated for Stage 4 non hodgkins  lymphoma I know that she does have a chance but then your husband calls and I can hear it in his voice while he tries to sound strong that he has had a really hard night there was a problem with an 18 month old that did not make it, they are not sure what happened, beyond that he is really worried about his paramedic crew they they thought he would be okay, so time to call in crisis intervention for them. So tonight I am going to pray for what I do have and not worry about what I don't and as I stated earlier be grateful for everything small and large in my life. Happy Knitting to all

No comments:

Post a Comment