Thursday, February 24, 2011

Finished Hat

Well I I finally finished Chicken Bone's hat for such a relatively simple pattern for some reason I had problems nothing I didn't figure out but I have not ripped something out so many time since I was doing my first lace project a few years back but ultimately I got it done and I really like the way it turned out I was not sure about it while knitting it up because until its done the brim looks like this floppy mess and I didn't quite understand how the final instructions where going to fix it just could not see the end result in my minds eye but as the saying goes I trusted the process and it did come out fine the only change I made was I had to add more length  to the crown because it was going to be to shallow for where I wanted it to sit on her head the hat need to come down lower since she is wearing them since she has no hair.  Started a new pair of sock for daughter #2 Tylar but then remembered that I had made a sock for Brian and other things got in the way so I am going back to finish the 2nd sock   for this pair it goes great with his Sapphire scrubs for work.  He loves the socks I make him because his scrubs are barely long enough and so his white socks really stand out but other colored store bought socks are not long enough and so I make his longer like athlete socks, on anyone else they would be thigh high since he is so tall about 6' 5" and it takes a bit  longer to make them but it definately shows off the great yarns I use  for them.  Happy Knitting to All

No comments:

Post a Comment