Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Stitches west

Well its been a week since I last posted several good reason's why I didn't, but to be honest the first is because the incident with the other family member who blamed me for something they didn't like happening really bothered me the darling dear husband was the one who started it but of course they wouldn't dare approach him and blame him. although my darling Brian called the other family members husband and explained what happened and all explanations seemed to be all worked out and accepted and Brian told them that he expected the other family member to call me and apologize,  glad I didn't hold my breath waiting didn't really expect the apology but I really hoped that I would get it, I am known in my family as the pacifier I used to be willing to do ANYTHING to keep everyone happy then a few years ago I had to much of my self buried and things need to change I still try to do what I can but I no longer lose myself while helping others and if they don't like how things are going I also have to learn to live with that and it is really hard for me but I refuse to no longer be pushed into a corner worried about what everyone else thinks.  But now on to my better things I had planned on attending Stitches West on Saturday wished I could have had the whole weekend but I got Saturday and I took my Auntie with me and we did the cattle run on Saturday morning and for any of you that have been there everyone is so polite while waiting for the doors to open and once they do it is like a controlled cattle run and then a free for all
But as I checked out Heatherly from Intwined it is amazing how much her life has changed in the last year just since she had her husband make some tweeks to a program because she didn't like how it worked and now she has a product that is FABULOUS, saw Jordana Paige's new  bag and especially like her new style did not see her myself which was sad Love, Love, Love her she is so smart and such a sweetheart.  I left my camera with my Auntie she is supposed to bring it to me tomorrow and I will post pics of what I bought.  Got some DK weight to make 3 matching hoodies for 2 nieces and 1 nephew who live out of state and also got 4 new sock yarns, Cookie A's new book and an few other odds and ends and the biggest deal was I purchased the pattern for the beanie from Love Story and had it autographed by Ali MacGraw and had my picture taken with her she is still beautiful.  The movie "Love Story" came out in 1970 I was 9 yrs old and I remember how much everyone just loved her and of course every female I knew who saw the movie was in tears just remembering it.  So that was my Saturday and today is Tuesday, husband had the last 6 days off and so we have really just laid low we had originally planned to get some work done but with the weather just kept raining to much so ended up being a very relaxing time I have been trying to finish another hat for Chicken Bone I have finished the crown and have determined I need to take it out and make it deeper  I tried it on and I know she doesn't have any hair but I still think it feels to short so time for a bunch of ripping luckily it is a bulky weight so it should knit back up quickly.   That was the other yarn I bought I got 2 more skeins for hats for Chicken Bone one is a purple grey color and the other is green and blue I can't wait to see how they knit up.  Well now that I am past the asshats members of my family I am moving on.   I have been asked to check in to the possibilities of teaching a learn to knit class,  think I will start with a scarf with a bit more than just garter stitch.  I am so excited maybe getting something so fun started in this town we are so small not a lot happens so anything to draw people out is a good thing around here.  So for today my favorite ending is very appropriate.  Happy Knitting to all

No comments:

Post a Comment